Monday, June 14, 2010

Never Let Me Go: Week 4

Well I'm about to go to bed and hopefully finish the book before I get to sleep, so I'll just write about what I've read so far. This book already has me hooked. The first parts of Nights at the Circus were hard to get through, but this one is so easy to read. I find the characters likeable right away, I already can see Ruth in about a hundred people I've known.
So far for me, the most moving part of the book has been the baby part, where Kathy dances around her room pretending to have a baby. I find it interesting that she hardly addresses the fact that she was later told she was unable to have babies. She kind of just brushes over that fact, even though one of her most potent memories was this song that she thought was about motherhood. It's also interesting how she relates these events that happened as just stories, when some of them are really life changing. I would expect more bitterness or some kind of emotion other than nostalgia, but Kathy seems so content with her past.
I know this is a short entry, but I really want to get back to the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment